How the CuppaCare Taster app helps all careworkers from new to experienced staff
One of the Sips in your free Taster app is on ‘Respecting Confidentiality’. Imagine you have a client, Mr. B, who is 85 and lives on his own. One day you bump into his daughter, Jane, in the supermarket. Jane looks worried and asks to talk to you about her Dad. What would you say to Jane? In this Sip you can check you know the right answer. You can test and refresh your knowledge of the law on sharing personal information. Remember, you can download Sips to your phone (available on both iOS and Android), and review them in your own time, at home or on-the-go.
Every Sip in the Taster app encourages you to share your learning. Talking with your manager or colleagues is really useful. When you’re talking about something, you’re thinking about it and when you’re thinking about it, you’re learning. Here are three ideas for using this Sip in your work place:
- Review this Sip, do the quiz, and then talk about it with a colleague or your manager. Ask questions if there’s anything you don’t understand. Explain what you would do in the situation, and why it’s important.
- Ask your colleagues or manager, when have they been in this situation? How did they handle it?
- Ask your manager to make a note and your review your conversations as part of your professional development.
All of the Sips in your free Taster app are helpful as quick reminders, or as guidance on a new care task or topic. You can do them in five minutes – the time it takes to drink a cuppa!
The ‘Respecting Confidentiality’ Sip supports the following Care Certificate Induction Standards:
- Standard 6: Communication
- Standard 7: Privacy and Dignity
- Standard 14: Handling information
Remember, the Sips in the Taster app are free to download to your phone and keep forever. We’d love to hear how you’re using the Taster app, please get in touch or sign up to our newsletter for more top tips.